Monday, October 4, 2010

Coming Soon: Apples, Apples, and More Apples!

This past weekend, my husband and I went apple-picking with some friends.  I had never been apple-picking before, and I really enjoyed it.  I am also enjoyed the 19+ pounds of apples we brought home!  I've already made a couple of things, and plan to make more in the next couple of weeks.  Last night I made my very first apple galette, and for dinner, I made roasted pork tenderloin medallions with spicy apple-cherry chutney.  I used about 5 percent of my apples to make these.  So there will be much more in the days to come.  Stay tuned!

And now I will leave you with my favorite picture from our apple-picking adventures: my favorite teeny-tiny little apple.


Check back later this week for my adventures in apple-cooking.  (I'm thinking apple cake tonight.)  In the meanwhile, please share any favorite apple recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment