Monday, September 27, 2010

Recipe Lesson Learned: Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Topping

Having made a less-than-pleasant discovery about something I made, I decided to try a new type of post here at the ol' blog-front.  Consider it an apology to all my friends and coworkers who ate the leftovers from Friday's blog...or consider it a lesson learned for future attempts.  I'm sure this will happen again, and in my efforts to be honest with the 5 people who actually read this blog, I'm owning up.

These muffins were good on Friday, I promise.  And Saturday, too.  Sunday we didn't eat any, because we got breakfast from our local bakery.  This morning they looked fine, but I didn't eat one, having reverted to my usual healthy breakfast.  I brought a few into the office and offered them to my coworkers, as I often do.

And now I feel bad.  I just ate the last one, giving in to the need for a snack.  And...it wasn't very good.  Somehow in the two days since Saturday, they got downright mushy.  Not moist--but unpleasantly mushy.  They lost their fluffy muffiny texture.  And the apples had a sort of weird bitter taste.  They weren't terrible, but they certainly weren't yummy like they were two days ago.

So...my apologies. And if you make this recipe (and I hope you still will)?  Try to eat them all in 48 hours.  Or maybe make half a recipe.

And now I will go hang my head in baking shame...  It's terribly vain, but I pride myself on my kitchen skills and get very upset when something comes out poorly.  (Which is why I didn't make pie crust for such a long time, because that is hard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment