Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oscar Night Roundup

Whew.  This post will be a short one, as I am extremely busy with work these days, and still sort of worn out from Sunday night's festivities!  I made it through the workday on Monday mostly on adrenaline, and that's all gone now.  Oscar night was a great success.  I served two of the last three recipes I've shared here on the blog, and they were big hits with our guests! 

Here's a picture of the spread, minus a few things that were still in the oven.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of everything, but I was busy playing hostess and didn't get any pictures of the table when all the food went out.  Plus, certain items disappeared so quickly it was hard to get pictures. You can see my cute little gold stars that described all of the items.


The full menu, with links to recipes as appropriate:

  • Olives and cornichons
  • Crudités with sour cream dip (no recipe for the dip--just sour cream, a bit of mayo, some parsley, and some other herbs and seasonings depending on my mood)
  • Popcorn
  • Cheeses (manchego, fontina, sharp cheddar, and chevre with herbs), crackers
  • Sliced Spanish chorizo
  • Spinach dip (brought by a friend)
  • Ricotta and goat cheese crostini
  • Asian turkey meatballs with soy lime sauce (I made these about 1/3 the size as the regular recipe, and then baked at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.)
  • Cheddar puffs
  • Stuffed mushrooms
  • Chocolate covered strawberries
  • Dark chocolate mocha brownie bites (I baked for 28 minutes, so they were a bit firmer than I usually do, and then used a small round biscuit cutter to cut into small rounds)
The evening was a lot of fun, despite the fact that I had the poor taste to win my own Oscar pool.  Ha!  Until next year, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment